The fundamental theme guiding the vision and principles of ICOLC are found in the Quran and Hadith as follows:
- "O Humankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted." [Quran 49:13]
- "All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action..." [Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in his last sermon]
Our mission is to establish ICOLC as a multi-ethnic and vibrant Islamic center that caters to the religious, educational, and social needs of the Muslim communities of Las Cruces city and serve the community with excellence and in accordance with established religious guidelines and ethics. Our goals are:
- To provide religious services to the Muslim community in Las Cruces city in practicing the religion of Islam according to the teachings of Holy Quran and Sunnah (the traditions) of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
- To unite, represent and serve the interests of Muslims of Las Cruces, New Mexico.
- To propagate Islamic principles and teachings to both Muslims and non-Muslims.
- Serve the best interests of Islam and Muslims by providing both spiritual and community services such as counseling, weddings, funerals, and other community projects.
- To develop service institution(s) to serve Islam and Muslims in cooperation with other communities and organizations in this area.
- To conduct religious, educational, social, cultural, and other activities in the best traditions of Islam.
- To promote friendly relations between Muslims and non-Muslims and enhance awareness and understanding of Islam.